View your dashboard warnings in the navigation bar
Dashboard warnings let you know about issues that might affect your account that you can address from your account portal. Warnings are always shown by the RED color inside your object blocks and in the warnings logo on the right side of the navigation bar. If the warnings logo is visible in the navigation bar, it will have a number in the top right corner that shows how many warnings there are that need to be addressed. Clicking on the warnings logo will bring up the warnings list so that you can see all of the dashboard warnings that need to be taken care of. Warnings in the warning list will contain a link to the page where you can resolve the warning.
There are six different types of dashboard warnings that can show up in your account.
- Device: This error will show up in the device block if for any reason a PuppComm isn't paired with your account. Click here to learn more about pairing a PuppComm with your account in the app.
- Display: This warning will show up in the displays block if there's any device in your account that doesn't have any displays paired with it. Click here to learn more about how to pair displays with a device in your account.
- Dog: This warning will show up in the dogs block if you have a dog for whom you haven't entered their information for BSCUIT. Click here to learn more about how to edit your dog's information.
- Card Expiration: This warning will show up in the plans block if the default card for one of your billing plans is almost expired. Click here to learn more about how to change your default cards.
- No Monitoring Plan: This warning will show up if one of your PuppComms does not have a monitoring plan connected to it. Click here to learn more about how to add a monitoring plan to your account.
- Plan Canceled: This warning will show up in the plans block if one of your monitoring plans has been canceled and is set to expire. Click here to learn about how to renew a canceled plan.