Thank you for being a PuppTech unit tester.
We are so grateful that you're willing to help us test our PuppComm units with your dog and make sure that everything is working properly before we start mass production. The unit that you've received represents nearly 4 years of work by dozens of committed engineers, software developers, designer, innovators and everyone else who's helped our team move forward since we started with just an idea. But really none of this effort would have happened without the support and enthusiasm of our earliest and most committed customers and investors, and so we all truly appreciate your support.
We put together this guide to make sure you know how your PuppComm works, and everything that makes your test PuppComm different from the final units that we'll be shipping later this summer. Please read through all of this material thoroughly to make sure you understand it before using your PuppComm.
As a unit tester for PuppTech, we're counting on you to share your experience using our unit so that we can make it better. Your feedback is critical to our continued product development efforts, and so we will be expecting you to be thorough in your feedback and timely in your responses to any follow-up inquiries from our team.
General Warning and Disclaimer
While our engineers and testers have spent hundreds of hours designing and testing your PuppComm before we sent it to you, the unit your receiving IS STILL A TEST UNIT, and not the final thing. While we've done everything we can do mitigate all problems and issues ahead of time, we can almost guarantee that you will experience bugs, errors, and other unexpected behavior while you're using your unit. Our hope is that you'll help us out by identifying all of these problems so that we can go in and fix them prior to launching our product to the product later this year. Because of the bugs that we expect to still be present in our product, we at this time cannot recommend that you use it exclusively to keep your dog safe, especially in a vehicle, and we strongly urge you to use other back up measures to check on your dog while using your test PuppComm.
YOUR PUPPCOMM IS FRAGILE. Any contact with water or liquids will likely destroy your PuppComm so please keep it away from any potential spills or sources of liquid. Your PuppComm is too easy to open. This is one of the things we're going to be changing in the next round of production, but for now please resist the temptation to open your PuppComm and see what's inside. Opening your PuppComm could lead to it not working properly. Please do not drop your PuppComm, this could lead to it opening or could also lead to it being damaged on the inside.
PuppTech's Support Portal
This support portal is where you should come to find answers to any questions you have and find out the latest about what we're working on, known issues, new features, bug fixes, etc... The support portal is divided into two parts as shown below. Click here to learn more about the support portal.
- Support articles: The articles in this support portal are intended to help you find all of the information that you need to make sure you understand how the PuppComm and all of our software works. We'll be writing new articles and updating existing articles on a regular basis as things change and new features become available so check back often for new information. Click here to learn more about how our support articles work.
- Community Forum: The community forum is where you can interact directly with PuppTech's team as well as other PuppComm users and testers. We'll be posting updates in the forum on a regular basis and looking for your feedback on bug fixes, new features, known issues, etc... and this is also where you'll be able to let us know what you want us to build next.
The support portal is easily accessed from any page in your dashboard. Support is also always available by reaching out directly to email@example.com with any inquiries you might have as well.
Your order number
We've built our onboarding system to be powered by order numbers, since that's how our customers in the future will set up their PuppComms. Since you don't have an order number, we've created one for you. If you can't find your order number in the welcome email we sent you, you can use our lookup feature to look it up. Click here to learn more about order numbers and how to look yours up if you need to.
Test Credit Cards
Part of what you're helping us test is our credit card billing system for monitoring plans. When you setup your PuppComm you'll be required to sign-up for a monitoring plan. However, because we don't want to charge our testers for helping us out, we've set up our system to accept test cards which are fake cards that you can use to pay for your billing plan. We have a whole article about test cards that you can use to figure out how to put in your test payment information. While our software is still in test mode, your real credit card will be rejected if you try to use it; this is normal behavior and is not a bug.
User Feedback and Bug Reporting
We have user feedback and bug reporting functionality built into both our app and your user dashboard that you can easily use to send us information about bugs or about your experience using our product. We've made this easy for you, because we want you to be sharing with us as much of your experience as possible while you're using your test unit. You can also use these forms to request support directly from inside our software.
User Testing Goals
We have several goals for our unit testing program that we're hoping that you'll help us achieve in the next few months.
- Bug fixes: Every tech product has bugs and we need your help in finding as many of them as possible so we can make sure these units work as well as possible by the time we're ready to start shipping them to our customers. If something looks broken or doesn't look like it's working quite right, then it's probably a bug and
- User interface/User experience feedback: A big part of our company's success will determined by how easy it is for our customers to use our product and software. Are the alerts too obnxious? Is the app interface confusing? Are the menus hard to navigate? Is creating an account too difficult? Do you not understand how the PuppComm is supposed to work? These are all the kinds of things that we need to know about. If you're confused about how something is supposed to work, other people are likely to be as well, and we need to fix it to make our product more intuitive and easier to use.
- Product ideation and roadmap planning: We have lots of ideas for new features and things we want to build next, but not all of them might be useful to you. We're hoping you'll help us figure out what's important to you and what's not so that we can spend our time building the things that you'll want and use most. Similarly, it's quite possible that you'll an idea for a new feature that we've never even thought of and we want to hear that too. If you think it's a good idea, chances are that others will as well and we need to about it.
- Customer Service and Support: Our company won't succeed if we don't do a good job sharing information with our customers or helping them solve their problems. We expect you'll have lots of questions about how to use your new PuppComm and in addition to hearing those questions, we want to hear how we did in answering them. Our goal is to provide great customer support, but we need you to tell us whether or now our customer support is actually great, or if it's something we need to work on.
Testimonials/Photography/Video and Product Evangelism: You've been chosen as a unit tester because you've been one of our biggest supporters and we think you'll give us some great feedback that we can use to make our product better. We hope that you'll love your PuppComm enough that you'll want to further help us spread the word by providing us with testimonials, videos, and photos of you using the PuppComm that we can use for our marketing efforts. We want you to love your PuppComm so much that you'll want to tell everyone you know about it and help us get it into the hands of as many dog owners as possible. During the next couple of months, we'll be sending out more information about the ways you can help us (if you want) get some of the marketing materials that we'll need to help us share the PuppComm with the world.
From all of us at PuppTech, thanks for being a PuppTech Unit Tester.
Our team is deeply grateful that you've decided to join us on this journey and committed to making sure your PuppComm works as well as it can to keep your dog safe.